Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines....

First let me apologize for the lack of chatter over the last few days. Here at The Daily Dub we have been in eager anticipation of tonights tip off (for real) in the Association. We have been scouring the internet over the last few days, reading various team capsules, team blogs, and of course, the expert's predictions. The general consensus is that the Dubs will once again be left out of the playoffs. However, there is a minority uprising of nationally prominent writers who have gone out on a limb to suggest that the Dubs will (somehow) make the playoffs. Though, no one has gone far enough to suggest any concrete framework for how this is going to happen, rather that it somehow (fingers crossed, in Nellie we trust) will.
For those Jones-ing for some hip write ups on the Association, I have compiled to my right, a list of sites that I think you (as the informed hoops fan/junkie that you are) should be checking out on a daily basis. The sites range from comical in nature to highly intelligent and opinionated daily dish of scoop, hype, rumor and conjecture from some of the better(than me) hoops fans around.
Of these sites it is my opinion that FreeDarko is the best of the best. Now, I am fairly new to the FreeDarko blogsphere, but I can assure you, that any site that lists the amazing Gilbert Arenas as their site's signature player, and most representative of the FreeDarko movement, that it is worth checking out on a daily basis. Make sure to click here to read what seems to me to be one of the finer essays on FreeDarko, and pay particular attention to the love heaped upon our Golden State Warriors at the bottom of the post.
Speaking of Arenas, there has been a whole lot of love and affection thrown his way recently because of his very unique personality, his truthful-ness and obviously his quirky frame of mind. Thanks goes out to Truehoop for pointing us on to this one, a must read, let me tell you.
Lastly, and to get you in the spirit of tonight double dip on TNT between the Heat and Bulls and then the Lakers/Suns I provide a link to some clips from Gilbert's early days with the Dubs. Mostly, I included this link for rare footage of the alley oop he tossed to JRich by bouncing the ball off the floor. Watch closely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home