Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Let the Debate Begin

Who is best player on the Warriors? BD? JRich? Monta Ellis? While I am excited at the possibility of these three players playing together while all are at full strength, I think Monta has clearly thrown himself into into the realm of this question. A lot of different people have different opinions on what it takes to win in the Association, which position is the most valuable and so on and so forth. Today in hoops blogsphere I have come across a few different locations where this very topic is being debated.

I would go first to a Golden State of Mind, and make sure to check out the comments section of rabid Dubs fans (including myself) to get a good feel for what the general fan is thinking.

Then head over to a more legitimate source of professional sports Tim Kawakami's Talking Points to get his take on who the best Warrior's player is. I think you may know where this is going. Make sure to check out the Hockey style +/- rankings he uses to demonstate the value of Ellis.

Lastly, I meant to link this yesterday, but the national media is taking notice of the Dubs play and is rewarding them accordingly.

Also, if you haven't already checked it out, make sure to read Bill Simmons lastest ESPN the Mag entry on the plight of Kevin Garnett.

Lost in all this hoopla is that the Dubs lost a tough one at home Monday night. Though many fans in Dubs nation are counting it as a moral victory without BD, The Daily Dub concludes that there are no moral victories. The Dubs were up 14 with a little less than 5 minutes to play in the 2nd quarter, and let the Suns finish up the quarter on a 9-0 run to cut it to five, which then quickly evaporated as the Suns outscored the Warriors by 10 in the third quarter. While Monta was again amazing (31), I feel that the Dubs (and I think the players would tell you this too) should have won. Best thing about the NBA though, is there is another game tonight. As of this posting, the status of BD is still a game time decision. My hunch is he will not start tonight, and probably won't play. There is no need to risk losing Baron for an extended period of time to get a win. Any playoff aspirations lie mostly with BD being healthy for a majority of the season.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the best player is Biedrans. Not just because we have the same initials, but he is a serious baller and presence in the inside. The Dubs tank the most when he is off the court.

3:20 PM  
Blogger DailyDub said...

AB,
Though I agree with you the Biedriens is good, I still think he is our third best player. He cannot shoot free throws, which Monta can. Monta had 9 assists last night. I don't think Richardson has ever had 9 assists. With the loss last night, I'm realizing that our team goes as BD goes, and for that reason, he is still our best player.
DD

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home